Last month we posted about the Top 3 Digital Marketing Trends that are going to make an impact in 2016. One of these trends were video marketing. As you review your content marketing strategy here are some statistics to think about.
- Including a video in an email leads to a 200-300% increase in click-through rate (Forrester).
- A report by Unbounce states that including a video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80%.
- 92% of mobile video consumers share videos with others, according to Invodo.
- 46% of users take some sort of action after viewing a video ad, according to Online publishers association.
- After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online, according to ComScore.
- According to Forbes, 59% of executives would rather watch video than read text.
- Mist Media reports that the average internet user spends 88% more time on a site with video.
- Including a video on your homepage can increase conversion rates by 20% or more, according to ReelSEO.
Examples of the type of videos you can incorporate into your content strategy are:
Using the power of video, IKEA’s instructional videos focuses on the customer and creates videos that are funny and engaging, while showing viewers how to build some of their popular pieces.
Dollar Shave Club (DSC) spent $4,500 on a video in 2012 which since then has been viewed over 22 million times and now DSC is valued at $615 million dollars. They did it by creating a unique viewing experience for their audience.
When viewers can relate to the story there will be a greater connection between the audience and brand. According to Jennifer Aaker (Stanford) when videos are presented as stories they are 22 times more memorable than facts.
This Google Chrome video is an example of a viewer experiencing an emotional story rather than a commercial about a software product.
The videos above provide clear examples of why and how video marketing can be used in your overall content marketing strategy. As video marketing becomes the norm and not just a “trend”, plan to incorporate engaging video content into your strategy. According to Outbrain, 87% of online marketers use video content to engage their audience. Consult with your marketing agency on how you can leverage various video marketing tactics to get in front of your customers.